Stupidly Easy Peanut Noodles

bySala @ Veggie BellyonFebruary 18,2013

Can you cook pasta?Do you know how to chop garlic?Yes?Then you're in business!This peanut noodles recipe is easy and fool proof!You can make it ahead of time and it will keep well in the fridge for up to two days.Plus,it tastes great warm or cold.This easy peanut noodles recipe is perfect for a quick dinner,packed lunch or picnic.

Broccoli is easy to chop,and cooks very quickly,so its perfect in this easy,fuss free recipe.But If you want to add other vegetables to this noodle dish,这里有一些建议。Just make sure the total amount of vegetables is about 3 cups.

- Shredded raw cabbage
- Shredded carrots
- Chopped cucumber
- Red peppers cut into strips
- Bean sprouts
- Wilted kale
- Baby corn
- Fried tofu cubes

Easy Peanut Noodles Recipe

serves about 3

Ingredients
2 cups broccoli florets
8 oz linguine or spaghetti

for the sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3/4 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sesame oil.Substitute with canola oil.
1-2 garlic cloves,minced
Crushed red chili flakes,as much as you like

2 tablespoons chopped green onion or cilantro or parsley for garnish

Method
1.In a large pot,bring plenty of salted water to a boil.

2.While water is coming to a boil,work on the sauce.Place all sauce ingredients (peanut butter through red chili flakes) in a bowl.Add 3 tablespoons of water,and whisk everything together till a sauce forms.Set aside.

3.When the water boils,add the broccoli florets and continue boiling till the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender,about 1 minute.Using a slotted spoon,remove the broccoli from the water and place in a wok.

4.Bring the same water back to a boil.Then add pasta to the water and cook according to package instructions.Make sure you dont over cook the pasta.Drain well.

5.Add the drained pasta to the wok with broccoli.

6.Pour the peanut sauce all over the pasta and toss well.Taste the pasta,if it needs more salt,add soy sauce half a tablespoon at a time,tossing and tasting as you go.

7.Garnish with chopped green onions,cilantro or parsley.Serve warm or cold.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

comments

{ 25comments… read them below oradd one }

1 Rosa February 18,2013 at 10:36 pm

Easy,but extremely scrumptious and healthy too.

Cheers,

Rosa

2 Mels February 18,2013 at 10:44 pm

I just discovered your blog!!Love the way you write!And such amazing looking 必威体育 官方网站recipes – I can't wait to try them!These peanut noodles look so so good,and so easy!And I'm thinking the sauce could stand on its own as a dip for vegetables…or maybe on rice?Or..or…:)Thank you!!

SanaaReply:

I love it when people share such enthusiasm over shared 必威体育 官方网站recipes.How can I get in touch with you?

3 chinmayie @ love food eat February 18,2013 at 11:32 pm

I have made this and the recipe works like a charm!

4 Preveena February 18,2013 at 11:54 pm

Sala!This is such an awesome recipe,so simple and hearty.

5 Blessedmama February 19,2013 at 8:36 am

This sounds fantastic and definitely something I can do.Thanks for the recipe!

6 Lisa @ Greek 必威体育 betway下载Vegetarian February 20,2013 at 1:02 am

Oh this sounds just so tasty and yum.And it's easy,yay!!!!I will have to give this a try over the weekend.Lovely!!

7 Kathleen Richardson February 20,2013 at 4:46 pm

The title made me laugh,Sala!I'm definitely going to pin this easy,delicious recipe for future use.

8 Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking February 20,2013 at 5:27 pm

This looks awesome!

9 Christy Hermogenes February 21,2013 at 11:41 am

Just made this for lunch!Very delicious and easy,best of both worlds.Thank you!

10 Gangesh May 2,2013 at 11:20 am

Made this for dinner!新鲜和不同的口味!I used some carrots,cabbage and basil leaves,and just as the title suggests it is stupidly easy!Enjoyed both – cooking and eating it!

11 Anna June 6,2013 at 10:35 am

Was nervous about trying this as I have made peanut sauces before that weren't edible but I followed the recipe and it's so good!My toddler is even wolfing it down right now!Thanks so much!

12 Kanchana June 20,2013 at 4:16 pm

I have been viewing this recipe for a while and finally made it today,a huge success!!Really easy to make as the name suggests and kid friendly.I sneaked in more veggies,broccoli,shredded cabbage and green pepper.

13 C的安 July 9,2013 at 8:22 am

I've made this over and over for my family and my own lunch for work.It is delicious!Thank you for posting it!

14 Kumar's Kitchen July 19,2013 at 7:48 am

this is just perfect for those hunger pangs mid afternoon,would also make a light meal alongside some soup…:-)

15 Amber DeGrace August 19,2013 at 5:21 pm

Delicious and easy – thanks!

16 Gwyneth August 21,2013 at 7:26 pm

Easy and peanut sauce in the same sentence?Consider me sold.This looks amazing–totally whipping it up sometime this week!

17 Pooja September 24,2013 at 1:51 pm

Hi,I just came across your website recently and find it extremely creative,beautiful and truly inspiring!I'm looking forward to trying some of these 必威体育 官方网站recipes soon.

The above recipe is one of my favorites that I came across somewhere (can't remember).Its usually my quick go-to recipe with Maggi noodles because I don't like how they taste as-is.I recommend adding a generous amount of grated ginger to the sauce.It makes it taste very similar to pad thai.

18 Dalia October 22,2013 at 3:50 pm

I found this while searching for a really good peanut sauce recipe that I could make using the ingredients I had in the house.For this one I subbed lime juice with white vinegar cause I had it on hand (although I imagine it would be really good with lime juice) and used garlic salt instead of fresh garlic.Garnished with peanuts.It was delicious

19 Dalia October 22,2013 at 3:50 pm

I found this while searching for a really good peanut sauce recipe that I could make using the ingredients I had in the house.For this one I subbed lime juice with white vinegar cause I had it on hand (although I imagine it would be really good with lime juice) and used garlic salt instead of fresh garlic.Added ground ginger and garnished with peanuts.It was delicious

20 Joy December 4,2013 at 11:21 pm

Insanely tasty,will try more of your 必威体育 官方网站recipes now..I added hot chilli and mustard sauce to give it a bigger kick:)was really good

21 valentina February 10,2014 at 10:15 pm

im confused why is the wok mentioned when is it used???

Sala @ Veggie BellyReply:

I use the wok to toss everything and then reheat if needed

22 Kira March 25,2014 at 12:00 pm

I just made this,and it didn't even take 15 minutes to prepare.I added fresh cilantro and it turned out amazing!

23 Susan April 29,2014 at 1:49 pm

Thank you.This is exactly what I was looking for!

24 Katrina May 8,2014 at 2:07 pm

Just made for lunch with tofu and lots of veggies.It is amazing!I'll keep in mind the next time I want takeout..this was easy!!Thanks!

25 Debbie Godschalk December 7,2014 at 5:18 am

Thank you for that DELICIOUS recipe.LOVE LOVE LOVE it.I am vegan,my daughter is not but She loves this as well.little by little she's coming to my side:)